Important! In order to install this patch you require Subscription (formerly UM&S) valid as of September 14, 2009 or newer. If you have questions about Subscription or to renew please contact your local representative.
ShipConstructor 2008 R4.4.1 Update (132MB/exe) Posted: September 14, 2009
R4.4 increases the licensing parts per level by 50%. For more information, please read the press release here.
Please read the following carefully before running R4.4.1: ShipConstructor R4.4.1 contains the same fix found in R4.1.4 and newer versions which allows users to solve a serious error with plate nests that contain remnants. For full instructions on how to use R4.4.1 to solve this problem, please read the following KnowledgeBase Article. Any reference to R4.1.4 in this KB article can also be applied to R4.4.1. This update also contains a fixed SQL update script from R3.1 to R4 allowing users who have not updated to R4 yet to avoid this problem when they update their databases.
This update can only be applied to ShipConstructor 2008 R3 or later. This update uses a new database version (126.96.36.199) since R4.3.1 and therefore you must update your databases.
Read the following knowledgebase articles if you are updating from pre-R3.1:
- Equipment - Manager - The surface area field in the R3 Equipment Stock Editor is converted incorrectly when saved to the database in Imperial projects
- Volume, Weight and Area fields no longer include green in R3.1
- Originally fixed in R3.0.3. If you installed and ran the command in R3.0.3, you do not need to do it again: Production - Plate Nest - All plate nests created by automatic nest after R3 will share geometry - IssueID 12477
- Installer asks for ShipConstructor2008.msi when installing updates for R3
- ShipConstructor 2008 currently does NOT support Windows Vista.