These are very exciting times for SSI and we are looking for outstanding people to help us continue to build on our goal of well-managed sustainable growth and recognition as an employer of choice in the Greater Victoria Area. We are proud to foster an environment where there is fascinating, challenging work with a corresponding respect for work/life balance. At the core of our success are the creative, energetic, dynamic people who make up the SSI team.
Due to growth, SSI is currently seeking a permanent, full-time Software Developer to join our development team in Victoria, British Columbia. This is an excellent opportunity to assist in the development of industry-transforming Enterprise software while exercising your passion for software development and natural inclination to solve tough problems.
The successful candidates will have a post-secondary education in Computer Science or Engineering and two years' relevant experience, including thorough knowledge of C++, C# and/or other object-oriented programming languages. Most importantly, you must be a strong communicator and team player.
In addition, you will also have:
• Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio
• Familiarity with object-oriented design patterns
• Knowledge of complex data structures and algorithms
• Experience with automated testing methodologies
• Experience with SQL Server (or other relational databases)
• Experience investigating and solving SQL performance issues
• Understanding of SQL best practices and methodologies
• Experience with WPF development and MVVM, MVC, or similar design patterns
Previous experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum or Kanban) is advantageous, as is previous experience with JIRA, Confluence, AutoCAD and other CAD software. Please note, the successful candidate must be a Canadian or US citizen and be based in, or willing to relocate to, Victoria, British Columbia.
SSI offers a competitive compensation structure; a full benefit package and a flexible work environment. Interested candidates should apply to