These are very exciting times for SSI and we are looking for outstanding people to help us continue to build on our goal of well-managed sustainable growth and recognition as an employer of choice in the Greater Victoria Area. We are proud to foster an environment where there is fascinating, challenging work with a corresponding respect for work/life balance. At the core of our success are the creative, energetic, dynamic people who make up the SSI team.
Software Integrations Developer
We are a growing company strategically positioned to expand our world market share in shipbuilding and offshore structure production. SSI produces the ShipConstructor software suite, an AutoCAD based 3D product modeling tool which is a leader in the ship and offshore structure design software market. We are looking for outstanding people to help us continue to build on our goal of well-managed sustainable growth and recognition as an employer of choice in the Greater Victoria Area. We are proud to promote an environment where there is fascinating, challenging work with a corresponding respect for work/life balance. At the heart of our success are the creative, energetic, dynamic people who make up the SSI team. A career with SSI will give you the opportunity to work on complex, graphically oriented software which is used worldwide on high profile marine projects.
If you strive for excellence and enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment, consider joining our team. Combined with the challenging nature of the work, the ability to see the results of your efforts in the real world; make a career at SSI a rewarding experience.
You will integrate our leading-edge shipbuilding design software with those of our partners, using your comprehensive knowledge of web services, XML, relational databases, and API design. At the same time, we will count on your excellent communications and organization skills to liaise with the clients and vendors to design and test the integrations.
• Post-Secondary Education in Computer Science or Engineering
• Knowledge of C# and C++
• 5+ years’ experience in software and web development
• 3+ years’ experience in XML and RESTful web services
• Experience with Microsoft Visual Studio
• Familiarity with object-oriented design patterns
• Knowledge of complex data structures and algorithms
• Experience with automated testing methodologies
• Experience with SQL Server (or other relational databases)
• Additional Experience:
• Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) systems
• Working with remote teams, spanning multiple time zones
• Working in an Agile Environment (Scrum)
• Atlassian Tools (JIRA, Confluence)
• Software Versioning and Revision Control Systems (SVN)
• Able to work independently and within a collaborative team environment using sound judgment in decision-making. Please note: the successful candidate must be a Canadian or US citizen and be based in, or willing to relocate to, Victoria, British Columbia, Canada.
SSI offers a competitive compensation structure; a full benefit package and a flexible work environment. Interested candidates should apply with a cover letter indicating your salary expectations. Interested candidates should apply to http://applynow.net.au/jobs/99468 with a cover letter indicating your salary expectations.
SSI would like to thank those applicants who apply and respectfully inform you that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.