The SSI 2020 R1.1 installer includes several new features for ShipExplorer, a recent addition to the SSI product family.
ShipExplorer is a Navisworks plugin that enables ShipConstructor files to be easily managed and viewed from within Navisworks Simulate or Manage, and allows you to produce Navisworks Drawing (NWD) files that can be shared and viewed using Navisworks Freedom.
In addition to existing functionality such as:
- Loading ShipConstructor project files to Navisworks.
- Comparing revisions.
- Managing licenses.
- Switching between projects.
ShipExplorer now includes enhancements that allow you to:
- View project tasks as a hierarchy in Navisworks as selection sets, to easily review the changes made to a project from within Navisworks.
- Load SSI default Search sets from the ShipExplorer ribbon, to easily select parts with similar attributes.
- Search for parts using an updated UI that auto-populates parts within the search.
- Toggle either "Zoom- to” or "Isolate" parts on or off.
- Utilize either Navisworks Manage or Simulate to view and manage your project.
Each search set category includes sub-sets based on the existing part properties within your project, production statuses, and welds as they are updated, making it easier than ever to load and view specific components.
Production status search sets allow you to quickly view the location for each component as it progresses through the project life-cycle, and now includes weld status search sets, which can normally be difficult to identify in a complex project.
In addition, you can now search parts and modifications by task, providing a snapshot of changes made on an individual user level if required. You can also provide a simple, visual aid for stakeholders to easily view changes made by any user or group within a defined task, with the click of a button.
Adding Navisworks and ShipExplorer to your toolkit streamlines your shipbuilding activities and makes collaboration easier than ever.
Enhancements to Clashes
SSI 2020 R1.1 includes several improvements to ShipConstructor Clash detection that expands and simplifies the types of clashes that may be detected and reported.
Clash detection now includes:
- Local Clash Support for AutoCAD Solids.
- Local Clash detection for Pipe Supports.
- Detection of insulation within Pipe and HVAC systems.
- Minimum clash volume settings that are defined project-wide, preventing conflicts between individual clash check settings by multiple users.
- Pipe Specs can now be imported from Catalogs between projects.
SSI conducted a variety of in-depth performance investigations intended to improve the performance and user experience for those working with distributed teams.
SSI 2020 R1.1 contains performance improvements with respect to the Product Hierarchy palette's performance, and with Opening Model Drawings. Users in distributed geographical environments with connections that have higher than normal latency can expect improved:
- Speed of loading during refresh operations of the Product Hierarchy.
- Speed of loading when switching between primary and secondary Product Hierarchy tabs.
- On-demand loading of the Product Hierarchy when the Current Unit Only functionality is checked.
Furthermore, the performance when opening model drawings over latent connections has been optimized. Those working within a multi-site, multi-organization environment, will now benefit from an improved user experience.
SSI 2020 R1.1 introduces Project Actions, which allows Administrators to schedule, run, and review project database backup and maintenance activities from the ShipConstructor Administrator.
Now, Administrators have access to:
- Default actions which include project database backup and maintenance;
- Daily, weekly and one-off actions that can be scheduled;
- User permissions which can be set for a creation, deletion and editing action schedule;
- A history of scheduled action runs available for analysis;
- Non-ShipConstructor scheduled jobs listed for reference checks and
- Easy grouping and filtering for large numbers of scheduled actions with Flexgrid.
These features are available to all SQL Editions, excluding SQL Express.
ShipConstructor and EnterprisePlatform now support Windows Server 2019, allowing you to keep up with the latest improvements to system infrastructures, a key requirement to maintaining your organization's competitiveness. App scaling, enhanced security, and cloud converging capabilities are some of the main updates to this offering from Microsoft.
Project Insights is evolving quickly and we have already experienced a lot of positive feedback.
Project Insights allows users to get:
- A detailed snapshot of the current state of the project;
- Progress reports for all areas of the project;
- Comprehensive usage statistics, down to individual commands;
- Valuable pre-built data analysis tools and
- Fully customizable Power BI reports.
This release includes the following additions:
- Added ability to optionally select to load Part Data (and the Assembly data corresponding to it);
- Time breakdown based on drawing types (using revisions/command times).
Multi Hull Solution
SSI's ongoing Multi Hull management initiative allows you to reuse work and manage changes between sister ship projects. In this release, the Subscription Advantage Pack now provides you the capability to:
- Transfer and update systems and branches between projects (client requested) and,
- Transfer MarineDrafting and Output drawings across projects (client requested);
- New UI for Transferring Assemblies across projects (client requested);
- Import Pipe Specs from Catalog across projects.
Supported Client Operating Systems
Windows 7 (64-bit), Windows 10
Supported Server Operating Systems
Windows Server 2019, 2016, 2012 and 2012 R2
.NET Framework 4.6.2 (installed automatically)
MS SQL Server 2017, 2016, 2014.
Note: Express editions are suitable for projects of 5 or less users only.
Supported AutoCAD Platforms
2018, 2019 and 2020:
Navisworks 2018, 2019 and 2020
Side-by-side Installation Compatibility
ShipConstructor 2020 can be installed side-by-side with any previous major ShipConstructor version; each installed version of ShipConstructor requires its own dedicated instance of AutoCAD.
ShipConstructor 2020 Installation Guide
To purchase the software or renew your Subscription contact an SSI Representative