In ShipConstructor 2017 R1.1, we continued with the ongoing enhancements to the HVAC product. Following the recent additions of the cap and bellmouth stocks, we have added support for the drop cheek elbow type in this latest release.
New ShipConstructor HVAC Stock Part: Drop Cheek Elbow
- A drop cheek elbow is an HVAC part that turns right or left while transitioning to a different size end.
- Drop Cheek Elbows in ShipConstructor are defined parametrically, similarly to other stocks.
- A difference is that the throat curve is always represented by a circular arc with a constant radius.
- A drop-cheek elbow allows for a transition in its profile width as well as a slant in its cheeks. When setting a cheek at an angle, an offset parameter can be adjusted for the “in” and “out” ends of the elbow so that only one of the sides is dropped while the other one is kept flush. Notice that setting one of the cheeks to be flush is useful in places where an expansion is only possible in one direction such as in proximity to a wall or ceiling.
- Drop cheek elbows fit well in places where a change in the HVAC line cross-section coincides with a turn.
- As a stock part, it can be represented in the 3D model and thus show up in reports and BOMs. Being in the 3D model also improves modeling efficiency and production information.
› To watch the video, Sign-up for a Nexus Account
Already have an account? Click here
|Supported Client Operating Systems||Windows 7, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
|Supported Server Operating Systems||Windows Server 2008, 2008 R2, or 2012 (64-bit)|
|SQL Servers||MS SQL Server 2008, 2008 R2, 2012, or 2014
Installer includes Microsoft SQL Server 2014 Express
|Supported AutoCAD Platforms||AutoCAD 2016 and 2017
AutoCAD Mechanical 2016 and 2017
AutoCAD P&ID 2016
AutoCAD Plant 3D 2016 *
|Supported Autodesk Suites**||Product Design Suite 2016 and 2017**
Factory Design Suite 2016 and 2017**
Plant Design Suite 2016 and 2017**
Design Suite 2016 and 2017**
* Note that AutoCAD Plant 3D 2017 and AutoCAD P&ID 2017 are NOT supported. Use of these versions can result in crashes and loss of unsaved data.
** Pending final testing and verification.
ShipConstructor 2017 R1.1 Installation Guide
See Manuals in SSI Nexus
See Downloads in SSI Nexus
To purchase the software or renew your Subscription contact an SSI Representative