In September 2016, SSI asked clients to vote on proposed new features for the next release of its CAD/CAM software. With the launch of ShipConstructor 2017 R2.1, SSI has delivered what clients chose. Voting was done via SSI’s sophisticated suggestion/voting system called the SSI Community Wishlist which is found on SSI’s portal for community engagement, SSI Nexus. ShipConstructor 2017 R2.1 contains numerous enhancements in the following areas:
• Introduced the ability to conveniently split existing stiffeners into multiple parts.
• Supported text marking on stiffeners and faceplates.
• Made the Start and End green length for stiffeners visible in the AutoCAD Properties palette and Navisworks Properties.
• Made the "Mark Side" attribute available for plates visible in the AutoCAD Properties palette and Navisworks Properties.
• Implemented automatic insertion of spool breaks at user-specified connection types for Pipe and HVAC.
• Introduced automated routing between two points in space for bent pipes.
• Made the "Description" field visible when inserting new equipment in model drawings.
• Added functionality to identify parts without associated labels in production drawings.
• Included a confirmation step prior to performing the Repair operation on the project.
• Enhanced the "Optimize Package" option to only contain data that was explicitly exported.
Manager and Stock Catalogs
• Supported import and export of Bevel Standards via XML files.
• Allowed separate specification of weights for valve handles.
• Reorganized User Permissions for creating and editing production drawings.
• Performance of loading curved plates into a drawing has been improved.
Downloads, Specs and Videos
To see videos of these new ShipConstructor features, along with more details and specifications and download information, visit the ShipConstructor Release Information Page.
See a Demo: ShipConstructor 2017 R2.1 Product Release Webinar
Find out more about this new version.
Please register for the ShipConstructor 2017 R2.1 Product Release Webinar for Users to be held on
February 16, 2017 8:00 AM PST.
The webinar is available for members of SSI Nexus, SSI's communication, community and download hub. There is no charge for membership in SSI Nexus. All clients are encouraged to sign up to gain access to all of the valuable resources and community discussions found there.