Victoria, March 5, 2011–ShipConstructor Software Inc. (SSI) has released a new version of its AutoCAD based CAD/CAM software.
ShipConstructor 2012 R2 sets a new standard for 3D modeling efficiency and the rapid creation of clear production documentation. The latest version of the software also contains multiple enhancements to speed up the process of labeling production drawings.
ShipConstructor 2012 R2 Subscription Advantage Pack Customers will have the added benefit of a new feature which allows the ability to automatically label to the edge of a part rather than piecemark. When combined with the other labeling improvements in this release, this change will dramatically reduce the time and effort required to create clear and concise production documentation.
ShipConstructor 2012 R2 also provides the ability to model Electrical Cable Supports within Space Allocations. These Cable Supports are included in BOMs, interference checking and production output which results in more accurate center of gravity reporting (by assembly or for the entire vessel), improved material and production planning, and also helps prevent errors from making their way to production where they are more costly to resolve.
Additonally, ShipConstructor 2012 R2 users will appreciate the troubleshooting and analysis capabilities offered by the voluntary Customer Involvement Program (CIP) which is being fully rolled out with this version of the software.
The following new features and enhancements will, along with a host of additional minor improvements to the software, contribute to the ongoing success of those within the ShipConstructor community:
ShipConstructor 2012 R2 New Features
- Labeling Improvements – Significantly reduced time and effort required to label production drawings with enhanced options for automatic labeling, label placement and label distribution.
- Performance Enhancements –Significant improvement in both larger projects and multiple-user concurrent usage scenarios, most notably in updating of production drawings.
- Cable Supports –A more complete model of the entire vessel and production output with equipment style modeling of inverted tee, trapeze, tray, tray supports, and other types of cable supports within Space Allocations.
- Increased Flexibility for Saddle Connections – Enhancement for creating a saddle connection via interference with the outer diameter of the header and the inner diameter of the branch.
- Dynamic Marking Blocks – Reduced effort to communicate a large volume of information to production staff with the ability to specify alignment marks, edge preparation, bevel codes and any other required information on plates in a standardized, centrally controlled and efficiently managed fashion.
- CIP Data Collection – Help to improve the software by collecting data on the execution, sequence and duration of commands within the ShipConstructor environment.
For more information see the release review document: What’s New-ShipConstructor 2012 R2
To download high resolution versions of the image(s) click here.